After winter, the beaches are not generally as clean as they were during summer. Winter storms have thrown on the shores many trashes. Spring is an ideal time to help get the beach clean for the warm season. Why not offering your arms to your municipality? With one twist: clean the beach naked to promote naturism?
Of course, if you want to clean a naked beach, you will not need any authorization. However, if you want to be a good citizen and offer your arms, it will require some negotiation. Propose to your nudist club to go and see the municipality to see if they need help to clean the beach. Tell them you are ready to do this for free with the help of your nudist club members. You will clean the nudist part of the beach and may be others if the municipal council agrees.
If you have a go, ensure it drives some publicity from the local press and use this event to promote naturism. If the weather does not allow you to be naked, so be it, but ensure people know that you are from the nearby naturist club and promote naturism, by offering a free day at the club to newbies. You will kill many birds with one stone: promoting naturism, recruiting new members and setting your club in the normal social setting. Icing on the cake, you will have a clean beach for spring and summer!
Have you organized a naked beach cleaning event? How was it? Tell us about your experience in the comments below. Get Naked, Stay Naked, Live Naked and Share the Naked Love!
Waterski is one of those summer water activities that is highly enjoyable. Just gliding on the water on one or two skis, pulled by a speed boat. If you are a seasoned waterskier, and do not take risks, I highly recommend to let go your swimsuit and waterski entirely naked (at the exception of a life jacket for security purposes, not like the ladies on the pictures).
If you swim naked, which I highly recommend for many good reasons, the next logical step is to practice any water activities entirely naked. For most, if not all, you do not require any clothing (apart from the life jacket for security purpose or to get protected from the sun). Waterskiing is one of those activities, particularly in countries where the water is warm enough. Of course, the question of being seen waterskiing naked can be asked. However, many people are naked on their boats and it does not bother anybody. The same goes with many other activities practiced over open water. Therefore, you can generally waterski naked in full confidence. You will just get some people smiling and it will definitely give ideas to many other water enthusiasts, showing them than nudity is something normal and enjoyable.
Have you ever waterski naked? How was it? We would love to hear about your experience in the comment section below. As usual, Get Naked, Stay Naked, Live Naked and Share the Naked Love!
As nudists, we all know how comfortable it is to be naked in nature. Unfortunately, not all places are nudist friendly and it’s not always possible to shed all our clothes wherever we want. However, if you are near a textile beach in the summer time, there’s some good chance you can enjoy some nudity at night.
Very few people are going to the beach at night. Some may light a bonfire, some may try skinny dipping if the water is not too cold, but very few will and this provides a great opportunity on a cool night to stroll along the seashore, just wearing your smile enjoying the coolness of the atmosphere.
Of course, some beaches may be too lit to get naked, and you may need to find a more secluded place, but my experiences show that when there’s a will, there’s a way, and a really peaceful and enjoyable way.
Thank you for sharing your experiences and comments below. Remember to Get Naked, Stay Naked, Live Naked and Share the Naked Love!
Skinny dipping is one of the possible entry point into nudism. Generally, you’re with a group of friends on the shore of a lake or at the sea, in a secluded spot, and one decided to go swim naked. By a ripple effect, all get naked and jump into the water
A lot of people already went skinny dipping. It’s interesting to read in the Wikipedia article about nude swimming that it was a common practice in a lot of public swimming pool until the early 60’s and is coming back (slowly though) with the advance of naturism.
Generally skinny dippers tend to wrap themselves into towels once out of water for modesty. However, if one or two stay naked without towel, it’s a great opening to having more people to stay naked and join nudist activities. If you are a seasoned nudist, grab any opportunity to go skinny dipping and explain to people the many benefits of social nudity and nudism. We all know it’s a great healthy lifestyle and the more the merrier, therefore thank you for sharing your experiences and comments below. Remember to Get Naked, Stay Naked, Live Naked and Share the Naked Love!
Swimming and getting tanned naked is a kind of a no-brainer. If we can avoid bathing suits at all costs, we will. Hence, we need to avoid textile beaches!
There are dozens if not hundreds of nude beaches, have a look at those two previous posts Top 10 World’s Most Popular Nude Beaches and Some of the World’s Best Nude Beaches. Now, there may be beaches closer to home or the place you are spending your holidays (if not, you need to rethink your next holiday, with the nudist idea #23: Plan your holiday with #nudism in mind). And if there are definitely not a single sign of a nudist beach in the vicinity, you may walk a little bit more, to find a secluded area or a spot further away from textile sunbathers to disrobe completely.
It is noted that some beaches are clothing optional, without being tagged as official nude beaches. Common sense should prevail in those instances, and you may get naked if you are not the only. Although I’ve noticed than in some cases, sometimes the first one who gets naked sends the nudity signal, and others generally follow through. Not always the case, but you may want to try if you are brave enough. If you happen to be a group of nudists, you can all get naked and create your own portion of clothing optional beach.
Of course, all this may not be possible everywhere, and there will be instances where the swimsuit will be mandatory. You will not want to avoid some beautiful places on the planet under the reason they are not clothing optional. The solution is then to wear as little as possible and accepted a swimsuit, and take it out as soon as you are in water. You will not avoid totally the tan lines, but you will enjoy some nude swimming.
Share your experiences and comments below and remember to Get Naked, Stay Naked, Live Naked and Share the Naked Love!
I am not a big fan of cruises, but they are gaining in popularity every day. Join naturism and cruise, and you get naked cruises. Some travel agencies specialized in naturist holidays are proposing those cruises that happen in the Caribbeans, the Pacific and on the Mediterranean.
Of course, one of the immediate benefit of a nude cruise is the ability to be naked while on board during the whole journey. And since, it’s a nude cruise, you will be surrounded by like-minded people. The First-Timer’s Top 10 Lessons is a great article to get an idea of what to expect from the cruise.
As the Bare Necessities travel agency states, “there are no strangers on bare necessities cruises, only friends you have not met yet.” And I would say this is mostly true of any nudist venue. Being with nudists for some time, you will get new friends as you will have at least one this in common: your love for nudity.
A naked cruise will allow you to get two things for the price of one: having a nakation and traveling to new places. There are naked cruises for everybody, from small sailboats to big massive cruise ships. Looking over the internet, you will find some travel agency who specializes in such cruises. So if you think about spending a vacation on a cruise, consider a naked cruise, a great alternative to simple cruises and a great way to come back with this all over tan you wanted and wonderful pictures for your photo album.
Share your comments below and remember to Get Naked, Stay Naked, Live Naked and Share the Naked Love!
Imagine the following. You are quietly reading and tanning. The beach is big and almost empty, with very few people scattered around, each naturist enjoying the biggest possible space (and that is being 15 to 20 meters away from each other). Then all of a sudden, a man sets his towel at exactly 2 meters away from you and your spouse.
On the positive side, this person gets naked, so fits in. On the negative side, he stares at you, and more intensely at your spouse. This creates almost immediately an uncomfortable feeling.
This just occurred to us yesterday, as we were enjoying the nudist beach. It happened that we were actually about to leave, so the situation just accelerated our departure.
However, the question of voyeurs remain. I believe this guy was there to watch us, enjoying the naked beach. On the one side, since he was naked, he can enjoy the naked beach. He can watch people too as long as his attitude is not lewd. On the other side, by the place he chose, we felt watched. Did he voluntarily sat there to watch us, I do not know but it felt like this. So the question is how to approach this situation?
If we were not about to leave, I would have approached and asked this man why he sat 2 meters away from us where he could have any other places further from anybody? And I would have shared that we felt watched by him. What would you have done? I would appreciate your comments and ideas?
Get Naked, Stay Naked, Live Naked and Share the Naked Life!
Ok, it’s winter! If you can, you may be on a nudist beach in the Caribbean or in Central America. If not, you are sitting naked close to a warming fire thinking about your next nakation. In all cases, next time you are at the nudist beach, here are 10 commandments to observe for your wellbeing and the one of the other naturists who share this piece of sand.
- Thou shalt be entirely naked.
- Thou shalt not stare at others.
- Thou shalt not take picture without asking permissions.
- Thou shalt behave appropriately.
- Thou shalt cover your body with sun lotion.
- Thou shalt take enough water to stay hydrated.
- Thou shalt leave the beach clean by taking your garbage with you (including your cigarette butts if you smoke).
- Thou shalt make nudity respected by asking textiles to get naked if they want to stay on the nude side of the beach.
- Thou shalt help to expel gawkers and exhibitionists.
- Thou shalt participate to organized activities.
And an eleventh pour the benefit of naturism development:
11. Thou shall invite family and friends to join you so they can discover the joy of naturism.
What can we expect more that those kind of articles that stands as an epiphany for the naturist lifestyle? This post from Abigail Moss on Refinery29 titles My First Time At A Nudist Resort is more that a just a story of a first timer, it’s a great testament to what naturism is about. Here are some exceprt I really liked:
- “I am not a naturist, I suppose is what I’m saying. Or, at least, I wasn’t, until a couple of weeks ago.” Well, when the article finishes with “Next summer, we’re going back.” I bet Abigail is now a naturist, particularly with the below.
- “I took the shorts off and nobody looked, nobody pointed, nobody laughed. Obviously not. Everyone else was naked too.” And yes, this is the first “surprise” of any non naturist visiting a naturist resort, naturists don’t see naked people, they just see people who happened to be naked. Respect is probably the number one value among naturists, and nakedness is definitely shared.
- “On a beach, being naked just makes good practical sense. No swimsuit for sand to get all caught up in, no tan lines to worry about.” All is said.
- “And once you’ve been naked on a beach, why not at a bar, or in a corner shop, or a swimming pool?” Yes, this is the beauty of feeling well naked and being with naturists, it just becomes the new normal. It’s actually quite strange how it becomes so natural quickly. No t-shirt, no pant, just you!
- “We’re all just people. Various sizes and shapes and levels of hairiness and wrinkliness and tan, but, basically all the same.” Yes, this is the second “surprise” from non naturist: body acceptance, oneself and others. You may be surprised the first times, then do not pay attention to it anymore, we are just human beings and feel great to be among people who are not making a statement by wearing so and so clothes.
- “Being naked, I realised, doesn’t expose you at all – it makes you anonymous and equal.” This is a huge discovery and probably the most important ones, as it explains why our body is not sexual by nature, we have sexualized it over time. Gaining our freedom back to be naked makes us better, I think.
- And the last: “Flying home to headlines and TV reports filled with hatred and division, there’s something very comforting in having discovered a place where people are just people.” Naturism is the best lifestyle I know, the one that makes people who they truly are, just human beings who aspire to a good life.
Share this article among your non naturist friends and you may convert them to naturism. They may join you to your next club meeting or naturist holidays. It’s said nakations are the best vacationsm and it’s even better with good friends!
Get Naked, Stay Naked, Live Naked and Share the Naked Love!